LA Shops- Consignment Shopping: The Plus Bus

Hello Curvy Divas!


Plus Swapping and Consignment shopping 

Vintage/Consignment shopping has always been a pleasure of mine. To me, it feels like a modern-day treasure hunt, full of adventure, discovery, and unexpected finds!
Consignment Shopping


You all might remember that I did one previous post on thrifting, called Thrift Stores are your FRIENDS, where I discussed how to approach a thrift store shopping.

I have visited a couple shops and boutiques in Los Angeles that I have found to be absolutely Fabulous! Many of which will add some spice to your current fashion wardrobe. 

This post is dedicated to the shop:

The Plus Bus:

The Plus Bus is more of a Consignment shop than a general thrift store. Its logo is "Buy. Swap. Sell." It is a great store to shop around, as the retailers there do a great job of only taking gently used clothes that are up to date and on trend. Often when doing actual thrift store shopping, at places like Goodwill or the Salvation Army, you find several different items all mixed together. Some of which are from recent seasons and some of which can be very dated... and not in a good way. Most thrift stores check to make sure the clothing is clean and not damaged, however, consignment shops often hold a higher standard, as they pay people for the clothing that they re-sale. The Plus Bus is no exception. Upon my visit I found the staff to be helpful, kind and encouraging, and the shop full of clean like-new items.

The shop its self is found in an open front garage, leading into clean and presentable rows, with one big divide down the middle. On one side were are the consignment items, including dress, shirts, and pants from popular stores like Torrid, Forever21+, and Lane Bryant.
The opposite side of the store held much more treasure than even I thought to find. The left side was awash of indie-designer brands, one-of-a-kind vintage items, and The Plus Bus brand items! All of which were to die for! When I tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed my time at The Plus Bus, it is no lie!




My biggest tip on visiting The Plus Bus, is to bring a bag full of last year's what nots, and be ready to swap! Plus Bus will assign store credit. It's not a bad idea to bring a bag by if you're already headed to Goodwill, you might make a few bucks, you never know! I brought my designated "to donate bag" and earned $55.00 in store credit! It was almost like getting a free coupon, for things I was getting rid of anyway! Either way I think this shop is worth taking a stop by, you never know what you might find!

Best,

Curvy Queen V.

Popular Posts