Happy Chinese New Year!

It's My Year!

Welcome to the Year of the Rooster!
I know many of you many not celebrate the Chinese (Lunar) New Year, but as it is the Year of the Rooster, it's representative of my birth year! 🐓 
My 2017, didn't really start off so hot, so in an effort to turn things around I focused my energy on starting again as the Lunar New Year approached at the end of January. While nothing can ever run perfectly, I have found that adjusting my approach has helped a great deal. 
Stress is something that affects a great deal of people, whether it's on the job or in school, or with family; stress can sneak up on you. Trust me in my second year of law school, stress is a really big part of my day. But the idea that I have rededicated myself to is, "To not let Stress rule MY LIFE." I have decided to be more mindful of my stress levels for the betterment of my health. 

Mindfulness is a technique that can aid you in stress reduction and increase self awareness. It involves focused breathing exercising and can be extremely calming. I my self like to do quick 5-10 minute meditations. But do what ever is right for you. UCLA has free online guided meditations that you can try in the comfort of your own home! Check it out, here.

So, if your New Year isn't going as planned, that's okay... take a deep breath... and start again. 
Be mindful of yourself and others, and remember this is only the beginning. 

At Universal I also got to meet some of the characters! For this years Rooster, they brought out Wood the Woodpecker, while not quite a Rooster it was still fun to take pictures with him. Last year was year of the Monkey and the brought out Curious George to say "Hi," for the last time. Let me just say I was almost more excited to see Curious George than anyone else... He loved my out fit! And thought it was cute that we matched!
"I am alert
Ready to take action
The first on the scene
The last to leave
I take chances
But I am precise
I know where things belong
I am orderly and fastidious
Nothing escapes me
I am always prepared
I never give up or in
I AM THE ROOSTER"

Remember Breath Deep ...and Have a "Happy New Year"

Love,
Curvy Queen V.




Popular Posts