DIY: How to Sew like Project Runway!

Bringing Project Runway Home with Ashley Nell Tipton's Sewing Patterns!
Image may contain: 1 person, child and indoor

To all my crafting Divas out there who love to save money by sewing some of there own clothes instead of buying everything new, this post is for you!!!


Simplicity Patterns
announced the new collaboration with Ashley Nell Tipton on Facebook, "Ashley Nell Tipton dazzles the “plus” community with her vibrant designs that are created specifically to make the curvy woman of today feel confident, playful and bold. Since her win on Project Runway, her designs continue to pave the way for a fashion revolution within the curvy community. It evolved from one woman’s vision: to redesign our perception of self love, one garment at a time. Look for her patterns in store mid-February."

Now you all might remember that I did a brief post on Lips to Love an tribute to Tipton's non-stop lipstick game. This post however is focused on a DIY approach to fashion!

I used to watch every season of Project Runway with my sister, analyzing how to better round out my personal style and create looks that I love.  Simplicity Patterns have provided a great "Do It Yourself" project. What I love the most about sewing projects is the ability to tailor any item your working on to you specific needs. If your on the taller side add a few inches, if your shorter cut a few, or in my case make accommodations for a larger bust line. 

The best part is that these patterns are current on trend items that can compliment any wardrobe. Often times I see cute clothes, that I don't buy because I don't like the print, DIY sewing allows you to avoid this problem as you can pick the fabric yourself! Ashley has created 10 easy to follow designs that get our creative juices flowing! Simplicity currently offers 2 pattern packages. 

The First Design contains patterns for 6 different body suits, all for the low price of $12.99. Now I, my-self own three body suits which I know I paid more than $15.00 for. But with a little crafting I could buy this pattern and make my own bodysuits! With the bonus of being able to choose whatever fabric I want, that may have a cool pattern printed on it! 

 The Second Design contains patterns for crop tops, skirts, and a dress! Again for only $12.00! This is like the gift that keeps on giving~
My advice Let loose and get creative!

Love,


Curvy Queen V

Popular Posts