How to do a Spring Color Pop

Tips on adding Spring Colors into your Wardrobe!


Spring is all about color! Adding a pop of bright color is an easy way to breathe new life into on outfit. While in some places it is still chilly out, there are easy ways to integrate spring into any wardrobe.

Adding Color to the Plus Size Wardrobe

However, when I researched how to add pops of color to an outfit I found tons of ideas online, especially on Pinterest! Many of which weren’t really all that budget friendly for plus wardrobes. One suggestion that I saw repeatedly was to add color by use of an expensive bag. I can’t tell you how many times I saw a Michael Kors, or Kate Spade bag suggested to add color. While these bags will without a doubt add color there has got to be a cheaper way to color pop your wardrobe! (and don't get me wrong I looove both Michael Kors and Kate Spade...they just aren't as affordable). So, I decided to write this post in response, to provide 3 easy budget-friendly tips to add color to any wardrobe, especially now that it’s Spring.

3 Budget-Friendly Tips to Add Color to your Plus Wardrobe!

Tip 1: Add a brightly colored Tee-shirt! Tee-shirts are a cheap and easy solution for any curvy plus styling diva!!! Forever 21+ has tons of brightly colored shirts for $5.00 or less! Choose colors that can easily be matched with multiple bottoms in your wardrobe. For example, look for colors that complement each other and pick colors that look good with your skin tone. Don’t forget to hold it up to you!

Tip 2: Add color with a bright scarf. Scarf are great for transitioning from Winter to Spring. They can keep you a bit warmer outside, but aren’t nearly as heavy as a jacket or blazer (see Pink Blazer color pop, in my last post). The great part about a scarf is that it can go easily over any of the brightly colored shirts above. Many scarves are patterned and can help tie an outfit together!

Tip 3: Add a color pop with shoes. Make no mistake …I LOVE SHOES! Shoes are my addiction. They are one of the best ways to add color. Shoes can also help dress an outfit up, or down. Take the outfit above as an example, the matching shoes help to draw your eye back to the bright blue color after the thick black and white stripes of the skirt. Here, I could have worn black shoes and the outfit still would have been fine. However, by adding a colored shoe, I was able to use the shoes to connect an outfit.

How would you style a Spring Color Pop? What colors would you use?

Let me know in the comments below!!

Love,


Curvy Queen V.

Popular Posts