California Poppies with Monif C.

Hello Curvy Divas!

Plus Clothing Color Inspiration:


The California Poppy fields are in full bloom and I could not be happier! It's rare that I get out of the city and get the chance to just stop and appreciate nature. Well, this past weekend my sister and I were able to see the California State flower in full majestic bloom. Never have I seen such a lovely carpet of orange, in the valleys and deserts. I was so inspired that I styled my outfit after the beautifully burning flowers. Now mind you, I am not the biggest fan of orange. I have always struggled to find the right shade of orange to compliment my complexion and not look like an Umpa Lumpa, from "Charley and the Chocolate Factory." However, my sister reminded me that I always encourage her to try new outfits that she might not have tried on her own.

And so it was, with my own words thrown back at me and ringing in my ears, that I drew from the depths of my closet a jumpsuit that I bought last year, but had yet to wear. Can't lie and say that I wasn't almost hoping that it didn't fit anymore, but it did. So, there I was clothed in orange and feeling overwhelmed. One thing that I often do when I feel I have a bit too much of one color is an attempt to break it up. In this case, I first added a belt. Creating a divide between my top half and bottom. Then added a jacket. While the belt worked, the jacket was a bit much and hid the cool split sleeve detail that made the jumpsuit unique. Here, I was at a crossroad. Do I just to leave with the belt alone to break up the color or continue the search? That is when I remembered the blue-jean vest that was a recent buy from a Blogger Closet sale. And there you have it! Va-La! An outfit that is out of my comfort zone, but creatively mine! I can't tell you how many compliments I got on this look!

When dressed to impress I like to play a little bit of "Who Wore it Better" that is also popular among celebrities. However, my mini-competition is not based on stars but models of the featured brand! '

Here we go on "Who Wore it Better?" Monif C. Edition!

Sporting the Look I have termed "Blooming Orange Fire."
Now, this unique jumpsuit is called the "Trixie" and is from Monif C.'s 2016 Summer Collection. Below the Monif C. model is rocking it in a very high fashion glam sort of way, with silver accents and white sunglasses.
I on the other had decided to go a bit more casual, with a straw fedora, blue jean vest, and a rustic iron belt. Check it out below!

Now you decide! Who do you think wore it better?
Monif C. Model in High Fashion Glam? Or Curvy Queen V. in Causal Chic?
Let me know in the Comments below!

Popular Posts