Hello YELLOW!

HELLO YELLOW PLUS SKIRT!!!

Hiya to all my beauties out there!

This outfit was created in response to a challenge to wear a bright color I don't normally wear. Immediately, I thought of the color YELLOW! While I love looking at this color I, myself, rarely wear it. So, I thought what the heck let’s try it out.
The skirt I am wearing is actually from Eloquii, which I bought at the end of last season. But has, unfortunately, has been sitting all alone in the back of my closet. This skirt was originally listed as $49.99 I got it on sale for only $16.00 an absolute STEAL if you ask me! One of the many reasons I like shopping from Eloquii is that they have great quality items, in a great diversity of sizes for a great value if you can catch items on sale! The shirt I'm wearing is actually an old shirt that I have had since high school. The best thing about this shirt is that it can lend pattern to any outfit without overwhelming it with additional colors. It's a great clean crisp addition. I finished the look off with a thick black belt that helped define my waist more and minimize, my problem area, my tummy.

The overall effect was great, the bright yellow of the skirt draws attention, while the black and white stripes keep the outfit from becoming boring by lending some pattern without taking over and the belt finishes off the look by tying both together. 


I have been enjoying the Cali weather rooftop style! And have enjoyed working with my own pop of color. The photos below lend thought to what inspired this color challenge and what my next "Color Pop" might entail!!!


So, I hope all you are enjoying the warmer temperatures and experimenting with new colors! Yellow was my adventure, let me know what yours will be!!!!!!!


























If you want to add a little bit of yellow to your closet or try out this look, check out the links below for a few sites with similar products!

Finding Yellow Skirts:

Eloquii Plus SKIRTS:

Originally priced at $79.00  now on sale for $39.99. HERE!!!
Image result for eloquii yellow skirt

ModCloth Skirts:

ModCloth has several different options ranging in price from $49.99-59.99. If you're looking for something a little funkier, ModCloth is for you! You can dress these up or down, and make the style work for you!!! This link will just take you to a yellow skirt page!!!
Breathtaking Tiger Lilies Skirt in MustardProfound Pizzazz Skirt in Golden Meadow by ModCloth - Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Pink, Multi, Floral, Print, Casual, Spring, Exclusives, Variation, SF Fit Shop, Full, Mid-length, Work, SummerIntern of Fate Skirt in Citrus DotsJust This Sway Skirt in Goldenrod

Forever 21 Plus Skirts:

If your more into the pencil skirt look, check out Forever 21! HERE for ONLY $11.90!!!
Plus Size Knit Pencil Skirt

Finding Stripped Shirts:

Torrid Striped Shirt:

So I have talked about how much I love Torrid, they had the best selection of striped shirts that you could match up with a yellow skirt or really any skirt that works as your pop of color!!!

Shirt 1 can be found HERE, on sale for $28.87


Shirt 2 can be found HERE, for $33.37

Old Navy Plus Stripped Shirt:

However, Oldnavy has two options that are a reflection of each other! A White Tee Shirt with black stripes and a Black Tee Shirt with white stripes.  HERE for $20.00


Well, I bid you all a fond farewell and a Happy May!!!

Popular Posts